Sunday, January 25, 2009

Philip Lyford






A friend of mine was looking on the Internet trying to find my email adress,, She Googled Philip Lyford and finds my grandfather. He was an illustrator early last century.You can go on the net to see some of his work.





I don't have any significant painting of his,but as I said before my father was an artist also .. He was in the Coast Guard and was always interested in stories of the sea . The ships are supposed to be the Nina and the Pinta coming back.


My mother works in watercolor and I am posting a picture of Red Amyrilys

8 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

so there is a family connection to art that you are carrying on with your photography. Thanks for sharing your father's great work too.

Linda said...

Nice heritage! Thanks for letting us see some of the work.

J.L.Velez said...

It's always nice to hear about someone's personal history. Your shots came out very nice today Phil!

trishalyn said...

Well, the others said it very well...I agree!!! :-)

Bridget said...

that is awesome.
so much artistic talent in one family.

Anonymous said...

I was researching the artist Philip Lyford because I own one of his signed oil paintings. The painting has been in our family since around the 1930's i think. I would appreciate any information about the artist.

mrchristian73 said...

I have several small books with his illistrations. These books where of childrens stories and are very old. They are all signed by a little girl named Alice Dodge. Books must have been for wealth kid's collection. Very rare.

Anonymous said...

I own a oil painting by your grandfather and thought you might like to have a picture of it. It was commissioned in the 1920s for the cover of a series of books called Book Trails.
rcdavis3@me.com

Rob Davis